A Buffalo family lost their home and most of their possessions to fire Sunday afternoon.
Roger and Arlene Perkins, who live off Badger Road near the LaRue/Taylor County line, were about to leave their home about 2:30 p.m. when Arlene smelled smoke. Roger Perkins said he "looked up and saw smoke coming from the corner of the roof."
"I told her 'Get out,'" he said.
Perkins said his wife grabbed a ring that held sentimental value, but they were unable to take anything else from the house. He hoped they would be able to salvage some items.