A Campbellsville home was damaged by a fire Friday morning. However, no one was home at the time.
According to a news release from the Campbellsville/Taylor County fire departments, the home of George and Jackie Bennett at 500 Bennett Lane caught fire just before 8 a.m.
Upon firefighters' arrival, smoke was visible. As personnel entered the home, fire spread throughout the three-story structure. The heaviest damage was contained to the basement area, though the entire home sustained heavy smoke damage.
Read more on this story in Monday's print edition.