- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Five Campbellsville residents were treated for smoke inhalation after their home caught on fire last Thursday morning.
According to a Campbellsville Fire & Rescue news release, Campbellsville/Taylor County E-911 center received a call on Thursday morning at 7:17 a.m. reporting a fire at 104 W. Walnut St.
Upon arrival, firefighters found a fire in a bedroom on the second floor of the home. The fire was contained quickly.
The bedroom was heavily damaged. The rest of the home received smoke damage.
The five residents who live at the home were transported to Taylor Regional Hospital for smoke inhalation treatment.
The release states that the residents were alerted about the fire because of a working smoke detector. As such, the release states, firefighters recommend that all residents have working smoke detectors and test them often.
Sixteen personnel responded to the scene with two apparatus.