- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Taylor County is lucky to have many remarkable men. And the Central Kentucky News-Journal honors just some of those men each June.
In particular, the News-Journal is searching for a man worthy of the title "Taylor County Man of the Year."
In cooperation with several local businesses, the News-Journal will publish a special section honoring that man - and others - on Monday, June 9.
The "Taylor County Man of the Year" will be chosen from community nominations.
If you know a Taylor County man who you would like to see honored as "Man of the Year," nominate him before Friday, May 23.
Rules for nomination include:
- The man must be a resident of Taylor County.
- The man must be nominated in a letter of 500 words or less. The letter should describe the man and how he excels in his family, career, community, church, or a combination of these areas.
- Letters must be received at the News-Journal office before 5 p.m. on Friday, May 23.
- Nomination letters should include the name and phone number of the person submitting the nomination so that judges can contact the nominator if more information is needed.
- Nominations should include the phone number of the man nominated so that News-Journal staff can contact him if he is chosen as "Taylor County Man of the Year."
Nomination letters may be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com; brought by the News-Journal office at 428 Woodlawn Avenue; or mailed to P.O. Box 1138, Campbellsville, Ky. 42719.
Local businesses are sponsoring the "Taylor County Man of the Year" by providing the gifts that will be given to the man honored by the News-Journal.
Some of the gifts include a free photo shoot and 8x10 from Supertone Photography, a cake from Wal-Mart, a night's stay at Holiday Inn Express, an engraved plaque from Visions Glass Etching, a gift basket from the Tulip Tree, a haircut from Veanna's Salon, dinner for two at CreekSide Restaurant, gift certificates from Mitchell's Men's Wear, Café Bonin, Visions Salon, SylverTouch Therapy, Taylor County Chiropractic and Movieland Video and a year's subscription to the News-Journal.
The Rev. Walter Johnson was the 2007 Taylor County Man of the Year.