- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Lindsey Wilson College will open its A.P. White Campus to friends and family members this weekend as the college celebrates Family Weekend.
This year's Family Weekend includes an athletic event, campus tours, presentations by international students, a classical guitar recital, cornhole tournament and a session about how to get involved with sailing.
"Family Weekend is a great time for parents, family members and friends to learn more about what makes Lindsey Wilson College such a special place for their loves ones," said Student Activities Director Bobbie A. Owen. "The last time most family members and friends saw the college, the campus was abuzz with activity during move-in weekend. Family Weekend gives family members and friends a chance to see a much more relaxed Lindsey Wilson College."
Diversity of programming is the key when planning an event such as Family Weekend, Owen said.
"We've assembled a variety of events that should appeal to just about everyone's tastes," she said. "And what's great about Family Weekend is that you can come for just part of the weekend or being involved with events across all three days."
This year's Family Weekend also includes a partnership with a Columbia business, Caf on the Square. Since opening earlier this year, the business at 212 Public Square has become a de facto student center for Lindsey Wilson students.
"Our students spend so much time down there and hold many of their events at the Caf, so it seemed like a natural place to hold some of our events," Owen said. "It also helps illustrate the close connection between the college and the community. We want family members and friends to see what a great place Columbia is for their loved ones to attend college."
Family Weekend schedule of events
Friday, Sept. 19
- 2 p.m. ET - Check-in, Cralle Student Union Building.
- 2:30 p.m. ET - Campus Tours "The Future of Lindsey Wilson College."
- 6 p.m. ET - Family Dinner in Roberta D. Cranmer Dining & Conference Center.
- 8 p.m. ET - Recital by Petar Jankovic, classical guitarist; W.W. Slider Humanities Center Recital Hall.
- 9 p.m. ET - "A Taste of Columbia," Caf on the Square, 212 Public Square.
Saturday, Sept. 20
- 10 a.m. ET - Check-in, Cralle SUB.
- 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET - Exploring Sailing, V.P. Henry Auditorium.
- 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. ET - International Festival, Slider Humanities Center.
- 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET - Create a Funny T-Shirt, Cralle SUB.
- 1 p.m. ET - Lunch in Cranmer Dining & Conference Center.
- 3 p.m. ET - Cornhole Tournament, Cralle SUB.
- 6 p.m. ET - Dinner in Cranmer Dining & Conference Center.
- 8 p.m. ET - Men's Soccer vs. Lee (Tenn.) University, Lindsey Wilson Park.
Sunday, Sept. 21
- 9:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. ET - Worship service at Trinity United Methodist Church, 2418 Campbellsville Road.
- Noon to 2 p.m. ET - Brunch in Cranmer Dining & Conference Center.