- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Lindsey Wilson College is offering six classes to area senior citizens at an unbeatable price - free.
As part of Lindsey Wilson's Senior Scholars Program, area residents age 62 and over can audit one of six fall classes at no tuition expense.
Classes offered in this fall's senior scholars program include geography, marriage and the family, New Testament, Old Testament, women's studies and world civilization.
Participants in the senior scholars program are not required to have a high school diploma. All students must purchase books and pay for supplies for their classes.
"Our professors enjoy having senior scholars in their classes because they add a great deal to the classroom," said Lindsey Wilson Vice President of Student Services and Enrollment Management Dean Adams. "The senior scholars program is also a great service Lindsey Wilson provides to our region's older adults."
Lindsey Wilson's 2008 fall semester begins on Wednesday, Aug. 20, but area residents can register for the senior scholars program through Monday, Aug. 25.
This fall's senior scholars classes are:
- Geography - 5 to 6:15 p.m. ET on Tuesday and Thursday.
- "Marriage and Family" - 9:30 to noon ET on Tuesday.
- "New Testament" - 4 to 4:50 p.m. ET on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- "Old Testament" - 5 to 6:15 p.m. ET on Monday and Wednesday.
- "Women's Studies" - 10:30-11:20 a.m. ET on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- "World Civilization" - Noon to 1:15 p.m. ET on Tuesday and Thursday.
For more information about the senior scholars program, contact the LWC Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org, (800) 264-0138 or (270) 384-8100.