- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Friendship Baptist Church celebrated its 200th birthday on Sunday, Oct. 7. About 300 people attended the services.
In 1815, the first mission offering was taken at Friendship by Luther Rice at an associational meeting. This is believed to be the first foreign mission offering taken in the state of Kentucky. Friendship continues to be strong in its mission support.
Bro. L.D. Kennedy, pastor from 1988 to 1990, brought the morning message. Lunch was served and the homecoming service followed. Former pastors - Bro. George Gaddie (1944-1945), Bro. Curtis Warf (1952-1953), Bro. Fred Miller (1990-2000) and Bro. Ed Williams (2000-2003) - shared their favorite Friendship memories.
A letter from Mrs. Tabor Best, the wife of Bro. Tabor Best, who was pastor in 1953-1956, and a poem from Bro. L.M. Hamilton's (pastor - 1959-1967) family were shared. Brenda Keeton Barnett (Bro. Herbert Keeton, pastor - 1956-1959) and Larry Harris (Bro. Charles Harris, pastor - 1967-1983) brought greetings from their families.
"From the Heart" provided the music.
Friendship Baptist Church is located at 5411 Bengal Road in Campbellsville.