Cathy Pike was home with her youngest son, Devin, 8, when the alarm sounded. Her other son, 17-year-old Tyler, was not at home.
"I was sitting in the living room and the smoke detector went off," Pike said.
She got up to investigate, saw one of the rooms on fire, grabbed her son and left the house. She didn't have time to attempt to rescue any of her family's belongings.
"We lost everything."
Without an alarm, Campbellsville Fire Chief Allen Johnson said, it could have been worse.
"It definitely did alert them and help them get out," Johnson said.
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the KY News Journal, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.
If you are new to the award winning KY News Journal and wish to get a subscription or simply gain access to our online content then please enter your ZIP code below and continue to setup your account.